1. Tell us about yourself: (name, age, education, etc)
My name is Shakiba Mirzahi. I’m 20 years old. Now, I’m a junior studying Art at Herat University.
2. How did you find out about Code to Inspire? Tell us about your journey to CTI, how do you compare yourself now from the very first day you joined CTI?
My brother found it, actually, on Facebook. Since joining, my ability in graphic design has improved tremendously.
3. What have you learned so far in your Graphics and Design class? and what do you like about it the most?
I’ve learned a lot and now I can’t stop coming up with concepts about graphics and design. Generally graphics and design is my favorite field and the most favorite part of graphics and design is drawing, portraits, and animation
4. Tell us about one of the digital paintings you have done so far and like the most? Is there a message behind it?
I made this graphic about the relationship between mothers and daughters that I like the most:
5. What is your message to people around the world as a girl in Afghanistan?
As an Afghan girl studying art in college, I want Afghan women to know that they should never sacrifice their success due to the everyday challenges we face. If enough of us preserve in our goals, Afghan women will be able to accomplish so much. As you know, Afghan women face many challenges and every day we fight against these challenges until we become successful and I am sure that one day Afghan women will come over.
6. Tell as the fun fact about yourself
I like vegetables and fruit. It’s all I will eat. My family members try to convince me to eat meat, but I have not eaten it yet. Please pray for me that they will accept me as a vegetarian!